Segments are one of the most important Dittofeed resouces to understand. Segments are used to define a group of users. Segments serve multiple roles.
- In journey entry nodes to determine which users enter a journey.
- In journey segment split nodes to direct users along a specific path within journeys.
Segments are defined by composing one or more segment nodes in a hierarchy.
- Trait Node: Restrict a segment to users with a specific trait value.
- And Node: Allow any users to join the segment if they satisfy one condition “And” another condition.
- Or Node: Allow any users to join the segment if they satisfy one condition “Or” another condition.
- Subscription Group Node: Restrict a segment to members of a subscription group.